Registrations for DECA Camp are handled on a first-come first-served basis. The exact number of campers taken will depend on camp facilities and demand for the year. Please download and send the below registration form (includes emergency medical form) to Vallie Robeson at the stated address. Checks should be made payable to Ohio DECA.
Important Dates (2018)
- June 20 – Last day to request refund
- July 13-16 – Ohio DECA Summer Leadership Retreat
- Arrivals: Beginning at 1:00 pm on Friday July 13
- Departure: 11:30 am on Monday July 16
What to Bring
- Tennis shoes (this is important!)
- Sleeping bag or heavy blanket
- Bed sheet
- Change of clothes for 3 days (shorts and jeans, short and long sleeve shirts recommended for weather variability)
- Sweatshirt or jacket (can get chilly in the mornings and evenings)
- Swim suit
- Flip-flops or water sandals for shower
- Toiletries (soap, deodorant, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste)
- Any medications or inhalers needed
- Money for camp pictures and snacks and drinks in the canteen
- Open mind
What to Expect
- Meeting other DECA members you’ll see for the rest of the year
- Stepping outside of your comfort zone
- Better understanding of what DECA actually is
- Moving speakers, funny skits, and informative workshops
- Meaningful stories and exercises
- Dances, movie, bonfire
- Canoes, kayaks, water noodles, cannonballs and belly flops, arm floaties
- Volleyball, basketball, tennis, and tetherball courts
- Exciting meals that never disappoint
- Lots and lots of DECA love
- FUN and NATURE!
“I attribute a lot of the successes I had in DECA to camp. From running for state officer to competing at the state and national Career Development Conferences, it all started at camp.”
- Camper from 2002
“To be honest, I didn’t really know what DECA was or if I wanted to do this the whole year, but camp solved both of those problems.”
- Camper from 2004
“I wish we didn’t have to leave so soon!”
- Many campers, every year
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I be with my friends from my school in the small group?
- We try to seperate campers from their classmates in small groups, this allows you to step outside of your normal comfort zone and meet people that you would have otherwise not known.
I went to camp last year, how will this year be any different?
- You will be with an entirely new group of people and have a different Youth Staff leader who has different ways of doing things. There is always new people to meet and new things to learn from each other.
I’m just not that sociable, will I really enjoy this?
- All we ask is that you keep an open mind throughout camp and try things that are new or unfamiliar to you. There are alternatives to attending the dances like a bon fire or watching a movie. You will also find others playing cards during down-time. We try to create something for every personality.
Is there cell phone reception at camp?
- Don't count on it. Part of this experience relies on you disconnecting from your "normal" life and trying something new. There are landline phones available for emergencies.
DECA Camp takes place at FFA Camp Muskingum, 3266 Dyewood Rd SW, Carrollton, OH 44615
From Columbus: Take I-70 East to I-77 North. Follow I-77 North to Rt. 36 East until Rt. 250. Turn left on Rt. 250 East. Follow 250 East and turn left on 151 East. Follow 151 East to Rt. 332 North, turn left. Go 7 miles on Rt. 332 North to Autumn Rd., turn left and then follow signs to camp.
From Youngstown: Take I-11 South to SR. 30 West (Lisbon). Follow SR 30 West to Kensington. Take SR 9 South to Carrollton. Follow directions below from Carrollton:
From Carrollton: In downtown Carrollton, take Rt. 332 South out of town for 5 miles. You will come to a town called Petersburg located at the bottom of a steep hill. At the top of the hill, turn right onto Autumn Rd. (a large billboard stands at the turning point). Go 3 miles to Palermo. FFA Camp Muskingum is adjacent to “downtown” Palermo. Turn right onto Dyewood Rd. An FFA sign will be on the right hand side. The camp will be 1 mile down Dyewood Rd.
From Wheeling, WV: Take OH Rt. 7 (or parallel Rt. 2) to Rt. 43 in Steubenville, OH. Follow Rt. 43 North to Carrollton. Follow directions above from Carrollton. OR Take 250 West to 646 North to 151 West to 332 North. Turn Right onto 332 North, go 7 miles. Turn left onto Autumn Rd. then follow signs to camp.
DECA Camp 1983